Get your Turkish delights on a 15-day adventure in Istanbul. This trip is a mix of ancient ruins and modern cities, Islamic mysticism and Ottoman influence, inland discoveries and coastal cruising, and everything in between! Discover Gallipoli on a guided tour that will teach you about its significance during the First World War, unlock the secrets of the ancient city of Ephesus, admire Oludeniz’s Blue Lagoon from high up on the ancient Lycian Way and swim and snorkel in the Mediterranean on a traditional gulet cruise from Kas. From the winding laneways of Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar to the bizarre landscapes of Cappadocia, take the plunge and discover a new way of experiencing Turkey.
Why you’ll love this trip
- Discover the ancient and modern lives within Turkey as you explore thousands of years of history in the remarkable ruins of Ephesus, discover a WWI battlefield in Gallipoli, and immerse yourself in the vibrant vibe of the university town Eskesihir.
- Take in the dizzying diversity of this epic landscape with a visit to the stunning natural hot springs of Pamukkale, a cruise along the picture-perfect Turkish coast over Sunken Cities, and an optional hot-air balloon ride over the fairy-tale land of Cappadocia.
- Get to know the friendly locals with a fruit wine tasting in the serene village of Sirince and a home-cooked dinner at a local cave home in Cappadocia, then get treated to a Turkish BBQ feast by your local hosts in Kayakoy and get your hands dirty making ci borek – a popular local snack.
- Pull on your walking shoes and set out on a half-day trek along a section of rugged coastline, following part of the ancient walking trail of the Lycian Way and exploring the exotic landscape of Cappadocia on a short hike in the valley.
- Get among local life, from taking local buses and trains to enjoying a traditional gulet (boat) trip and staying in one of the cave hotels that Cappadocia is famed for.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, CYDD (Çağdaş Yaşamı Destekleme Derneği). Donations help them provide scholarships and educational programs for economically disadvantaged youth in Turkey.
trip code: ERSI
Images courtesy of Intrepid Travel