17-day Small Group 4-5* Escorted Tour, 22 September – 8 October 2024
Escorted by Discover Travel’s Janine Hay
per person twin/double share*
$23,295 per person in a single room*
Japan’s ancient culture and honoured traditions such as the reflective beauty of intricate tea ceremonies and zen garden design flourish to this day. Grand castles are spectacular reminders of the country’s feudal past and ancient temples also bear witness to Japan’s deep spiritual connections. The natural wonders also deliver scenic beauty by the truckload, from the perfect symmetry of Mount Fuji’s iconic cone to the Nara forest, one of the oldest parks in Japan.
Dining will be one of the highlights of your Japan experience. Each region boasts its own specialities, which range from steaming street-side stalls to fine dining. Tokyo alone boasts over 200 Michelin starred restaurants! Japan’s unique and dynamic culture entwine ultra-modern with deep tradition. On the streets of futuristic cities glass towers and temples stand side by side, whilst picturesque old towns and gorgeous landscapes are an easy bullet train ride away. Mix these spectacular sights with, welcoming people, delicious cuisine and rich culture and you’ve got yourself a journey to remember.
- 750-year-old Great Buddha
- Visit Tokyo Skytree, the world’s tallest tower – with stunning panoramic views of Tokyo
- Cable car ride in Hakone with views of Mount Fuji
- Tsukiji Fish Market, sushi making and local food sampling in Ningyocho, Tokyo
- Monuments and Shrines of Tokyo, Kyoto, and Hiroshima
- Wasabi Farm
- Markets of Takayama and Sake tasting
- Castles of Matsumoto and Osaka
- Shirakawa UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Drive through the spectacular Japanese Alps
- Kenroku-en Garden of Kanazawa & Geisha districts
- Japanese cooking class: learn how to make miso soup, teriyaki chicken, and makizushi
- Nara’s Kasuga Shrine and Todaiji Temple, both UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Hiroshima at Peace Memorial Park and Peace Memorial, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
Bullet trains from Hakone to Tokyo, Kyoto to Hiroshima & Hiroshima to Osaka
- Economy class return airfares from Christchurch
- First class to Superior Accommodation with ensuite rooms for 14 nights & ryokan (with lshared facilities) for one night
- All transfers and sightseeing transport in private air-conditioned lmotorcoach and public transport
- Meals: 15 breakfasts (B), 7 lunch l(L), 12 dinners (D)
- Sightseeing and excursions with local guide where applicable as per litinerary
- Admissions to all excursions noted las ‘Highlights’
- Gratuities/tipping for the motorcoach driver, tour director
and local guides. Where meals are lincluded, no tipping is required.
- Tour escort
Travel insurance (compulsory), any meals/beverages not specified, airport porterage and
items of a personal nature.
To secure your place: Send your $2,000.00 non-refundable deposit per person with completed Booking Form to Discover Travel.
Full itinerary: Discover Travel Jewels of Japan 2024 E-Flyer
Booking form and Terms and Conditions: 2024 Booking Form Jewels of Japan
For more details and to book:
Phone: 03 364 3400 or 0800 747 737
Email: [email protected]
HURRY expression of interest is high! This tour is limited to 15 participants and initial interest has been exceptional.