Capture the colour of Portugal’s essentials, from Lisbon to Porto
From grand cities to medieval villages and dazzling coastlines, witness the iconic imagery that defines this western European haven. Discover the birthplace of port and the treasures of the Douro Valley, take a step back in time at the ancient university of Coimbra, learn the secrets of Porto’s backstreets and get to the heart of glorious Lisbon. Travel with a local leader and uncover the authentic side of Portugal; a land of rich history, vibrant regional cultures, stunning landscapes and refined cuisine.
Why you’ll love this trip
- Discover the thriving capital of Lisbon, the medieval charms of Coimbra and the hidden back streets of Porto during explorations with your knowledgeable local leader.
- Visit fabulous local wineries during a tasting tour in the picturesque Douro Valley during an Exclusive Experience, stopping off for a lunch made with regional delights.
- Get an insight into Fado, an atmospheric amalgamation of music and poetry, during a soul-stirring and intimate live show in Coimbra.
- Nestled in the rolling vineyards of the Douro Valley, your Feature Stay accommodation takes you to the heart of the region. Enjoy outdoor pools, excellent onsite restaurant and unforgettable views.
- Soak up the glamour and the sun while winding along the stunning Bay of Cascais on a full-day exploration of Lisbon’s surrounds, including Sintra’s bewitching Pena Palace, a Premium Exclusive Experience.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, REFOOD. Donations help them save good food, from restaurants and supermarkets, that is destined to go to waste and distribute it amongst people in need.