29 July 2019 – 21 August 2019, 24 days
Contact us today – only 3 space left!
South America is a continent of captivating landscapes, mystical ancient civilisations, contemporary and traditional cultures and a dazzling array of natural wonders. This 24-day escorted tour takes in its most extraordinary and contrasting sites. Spot squirrel monkeys and capybaras in the lush Amazonian rainforest, marvel at peerless Inca architecture at the Lost City of Machu Picchu and meet descendants of the ancient Incas on the shimmering waters of Lake Titicaca. Wander through colonial towns where cobblestone streets lead past gilded churches and stately plazas. Immerse yourself in the enchanting indigenous culture; haggle over colourful textiles at markets and savour the aroma of sizzling beef while sipping on a local Malbec. Hear the haunting sounds of the Andean pipes, feel the rhythms of Brazilian samba and the intense nostalgia of an Argentine tango in the places where they were born. Feel the energy of exotic Rio de Janeiro and capture panoramic vistas as you ascend to the peak of Corcovado. Witness the majesty of the thunderous Iguazú Falls and soak up the sophistication of cosmopolitan Buenos Aires, where South American flair meets European elegance. Let the Latin love affair begin!
2019 is now open for registrations, click HERE to view the tour itinerary, and download a booking form here. If you would rather, we would be delighted to post you a copy of the detailed 2019 tour itinerary and booking form – simply email Amanda Condon or freephone 0800 747 737 or phone 364 3400.
* Amazonian rainforest lodge stay
* Glorious scenery of the Sacred Valley and colonial villages
* Lofty Inca citadels of Pisac and Ollantaytambo
* Vistadome train en-route to Aguas Calientes
* The archealogical ruins of Machu Picchu
* Rich heritage city of Cuzco
* Titicaca train to Puno
* The Uros People on the floating reed islands of Lake Titicaca
* La Paz – highest city on earth
* Eerie and mesmerising landscape of the Valley of the Moon
* Vibrant Rio de Janeiro
* Cable car ascent to Sugar Loaf Mountain
* Corcovado Peak and its dominating statue of Christ the Redeemer
* Local BBQ Churrasco
* Carnival atmosphere of a tropical Samba show
* The largest waterfall system in the world – Iguazu Falls
* Cosmopolitan Buenos Aires
* Theatre and romance of a Tango Show
* Eclectic San Telmo market
* Economy class airfares ex Christchurch, including intra-continental flights
* Private transfers
* Standard rooms, 3.5 – 4 star hotels
* Entrance fees to all sights
* Breakfast daily, 12 lunches, 21 dinners
* English speaking local guides
* Hotel Porterage
* Tour escort
Travel insurance (compulsory), any meals/beverages not specified, airport porterage and items of a personal nature.
From $17, 695 per person twin-share
From $19, 995 per person single occupancy
We have graded this tour as an ‘active’ tour. The itinerary is not physically very demanding; however, the biggest challenge will be the effects of altitude. The ‘active’ part of your tour involves walking on uneven surfaces, climbing steps and clambering around archaeological sites, so you will need to be reasonably fit and confident with walking for a few hours at a time. Some pre-existing medical conditions are reported to severely worsen at high altitude. Lake Titicaca and Puno are situated at more than 3,800 m above sea level and it is common for travellers to experience some noticeable, adverse effects on their health at levels of 2,800m or above. You should discuss preparations for this with your doctor before committing to the journey. We strongly recommend taking part in an altitude-fitness training programme (available in Christchurch) in preparation – the fitter you are, the more you’ll enjoy it.