Discover the highlights of Italy’s Amalfi coast on foot.
The Amalfi Coast is one of the most dramatic coastlines in Europe. Mountains jut steeply out of the Mediterranean and picturesque towns nestled in the coves below. Walking the ancient hillsides studded with lemon groves and framed by deep gorges, we descend from the Agerola Plain to the quaint towns of Positano, Ravello, and of course Amalfi itself. No visit to the Bay of Naples would be complete without a trip to see the remains of Pompeii under the imposing volcanic cone of Mount Vesuvius. The highlight of this Amalfi Coast guided walking holiday is saved till last with arguably the world’s best coastal walk: the ‘Walk of the Gods’. Away from the trails we partake in a favourite traditional pastime and sample incredible food and wine just like the Italians do.
- Walk the heady ‘Path of the Gods’ to Positano
- Stroll through Amalfi’s cobbled streets
- Discover 2000 year-old history in Pompeii
Those on group flights fly to Naples, where they will be met by their tour leader on arrival. A transfer of approximately 1 hour 20 minutes takes us to the Hotel Due Torri, our base for the week in the village of Bomerano, on the Agerola plains above the Amalfi Coast. Enjoy a warm welcome from our local hosts, the Acampora family, before settling in. Land only clients can arrive at any time, although we do recommend to join the group at the airport as public transport options to the hotel are limited.
- 7 nights family-run hotel with small outdoor swimming pool and en suite facilities
- 4 days centre-based guided walking; 1 sightseeing day with an additional optional walk and 1 free day
- Group normally 5 to 16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs.
- Altitude maximum 1109m, average 600m
- All transport by private minibus and boat
- Not suitable for severe vertigo sufferers
- Moderate walks, leisurely pace; good level of fitness recommended
- Order of activities and walks subject to change depending on the number of groups booked each week
- Countries visited: Italy
- All breakfasts, 4 packed lunches, and 6 dinners
- All accommodation
- All transport and listed activities
- Flights from London (if booking incl. flights)
- Transfers for group flights
Images courtesy of Exodus Travel
EXT – TDA