- UNESCO world heritage site of Giants Causeway, hexagonal interlocking basalt columns formed by volcanic eruptions millions of years ago
- Spectacular scenery with castles and beautiful beaches
- Stay in Bushmills, the home of the famous Bushmills whiskey distillery
After a transfer to Orra Beg you head north for Ballycastle along the Moyle Way. Passing through forest tracks and along the banks of the Glenshesk River through the Breen Oakwood Nature Reserve. Continuing onward by country road with views of the Glenshesk River, Knocklayd Mountain and Coolaveely Wood before following a good forest path through Ballycastle Forest following a good forest path into Ballycastle itself where you stay for the next two nights.
Fair Head Loop
A return transfer take you to the start of your walk around the magnificent coastal route of Murlough and Fair Head. The path hugs the ruggedly beautiful coast with dramatic cliff drops. Return to Bushmills.
Transfer to Larrybane visitor centre and the famous Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge. The bridge first built in 1755 by salmon fishermen spans an 80-foot-deep chasm that renders Carrick-a-Rede an island. Continue along the coastal path to Ballintoy, a fantastic little harbour at the foot of the cliffs before reaching the beautiful White Park Bay. Stroll onwards to the village of Portbraddan and the ruins of Dunseverick Castle and on to the Giant’s Causeway. More than 40,000 hexagonal interlocking, basalt columns formed over 60 million years ago by volcanic eruptions or as local legend suggests, built by the giant Fionn as a path to Scotland to challenge his rival there. From here you take the public bus (payable locally) for the last few miles into Bushmills for you final night and where you can find the famous Bushmills whiskey distillery.
Depart Bushmills after breakfast
- 4 nights hotel-to-hotel accommodation in a mix of 2 and 3 star hotels
- Management by your local Headwater-appointed agent
- Countries visited: Ireland, United Kingdom
- All breakfasts
- Route directions and maps
- Luggage transfers
- Walking transfers as required
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Travel insurance
- Single accommodation (available on request – compulsory supplement)
- Solo traveller supplement (where only one person is travelling on a departure date)
- Transfers for Land only (available on request at additional cost)
- Visas and vaccinations
EXT – W04AN
Images Courtesy of Exodus Travel