My independent travels started at the age of 16 exploring and living in America, Australia, and South Africa. I was then lucky enough to spend 13 years working with sports and music groups travelling throughout Europe. Craving more exotic destinations I took myself overland from England through Russia and Asia to finally reach the Southern Hemisphere by cargo ship. Then there was Antarctica…wow!
Fitting in like the locals
Hiring a motorbike in India, cruising from Kollam to Varkala Beach and stopping to eat a traditional Keralan fish dinner with a local family.
Top of My Bucket List
· the Hurtigruten
Favourite Places I’ve Travelled
· Kayaking in Antarctica
· Slovenia: Rock climbing, kayaking, hiking, waterfalls, boat trips and exploring cities, caves, castles, churches, traditional homes and the tiny coastline… wonderful!
· Outer Hebrides: If Scotland had good weather, they could be mistaken for a Pacific Island with crystal clear waters and white sand.
· Surfing in Taghazout, Morocco
· Kwazulu Natal: Anglo Zulu War Battlefields & Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Safari
· American National Parks, driving from LA to Monument Valley, Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Bryce, Zion and Vegas
Favourite places in Europe
· Germany! Especially the Rhineland, the Black Forest, Lake Constance, Munich and Neuschwanstein Castle
· Copenhagen and Malmo – Copenhagen famous for Hans Christian Anderson and cute, compact Malmo
· Italian rail trip from north to south covering the Cinque Terre, Florence, Rome, Anzio, Naples, the gorgeous Amalfi Coast and Pompeii. Great landscapes, food, and wine!
· Vienna – a city with unique charm and a vast array of cultural attractions.
Just back from…
· Visiting family in the Channel Islands and a music festival in Reims the champagne region of France
· Surf trip around Bali and Lombok
· 50th birthday in Rarotonga
Some Favourite Holiday Experiences
· Cycling D-Day Landing Beaches, with my best friend in the rain for 3 days! From Cherbourg to Ouistreham we covered over 150 miles of moving experience and hilarious moments.
· Kite surfing on Lake Garda
· Cargo ship from Singapore to Australia!
· Greg Mortimer ship from Ushuaia to Antarctica.
· Weekend trip with my Mum to Paris (one of many)!
· Travelling around the islands of Bali and Lombok on a scooter with a surfboard.
Next Holiday Destination
Marquesas Islands aboard The Aranui 5 a dual-purpose passenger/freighter ship that sails from Tahiti or Mexico!