Fitting in like the locals
Hiring a motorbike in India, cruising from Kollam to Varkala Beach and stopping to eat a traditional Keralan fish dinner with a local family.
Top of My Bucket List
- Surfing in North Korea
- the Hurtigruten
Favourite Places I’ve Travelled
- Slovenia: Rock climbing, kayaking, hiking, waterfalls, boat trips and exploring cities, caves, castles, churches, traditional homes and the tiny coastline… wonderful!
- Outer Hebrides: If Scotland had good weather they could be mistaken for a Pacific Island with crystal clear waters and white sand.
- Surfing in Taghazout, Morocco
- Kwazulu Natal: Anglo Zulu War Battlefields & Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Safari
- American National Parks, driving from LA to Monument Valley, Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Bryce, Zion and Vegas
Favourite places in Europe
- Germany! Especially the Rhineland, the Black Forest, Lake Constance, Munich and Neuschwanstein Castle
- Copenhagen and Malmo – Copenhagen famous for Hans Christian Anderson and cute, compact Malmo
- Italian rail trip from north to south covering the Cinque Terre, Florence, Rome, Anzio, Naples, the gorgeous Amalfi Coast and Pompeii. Great landscapes, food and wine!
- Vienna – a city with unique charm and a vast array of cultural attractions.
Just back from…
- A cycle and sail trip around the Croatian islands, out of Dubrovnik
- Vancouver; Cycling Stanley park, whale watching from Vancouver Island, exploring the beautiful Butchart Gardens and riding the cable cars at Whistler
Some Favourite Holiday Experiences
- Cycling D-Day Landing Beaches, with my best friend in the rain for 3 days! From Cherbourg to Ouistreham we covered over 150 miles of moving experience and hilarious moments.
- Kite surfing on Lake Garda
- Cargo ship from Singapore to Australia!
- Volunteer work in the Malaysian jungle.
- Weekend trip with my Mum to Paris (one of many)!
Next Holiday Destination
Two weeks exploring Japan with a rail pass. One week in Iceland to (hopefully) see the northern lights followed by a few days over New Year in Buenos Aires.