My passion for travel saw me toss in my career in the photography industry and dedicate my time to inspiring people to see the world. Almost 17 years later and I have sent people all over the world and indulged my curiosity for destinations off the beaten track. Overland trips from Kathmandu to Istanbul, Mexico City to Panama City, Cape Town to Nairobi and crossing the Drake passage to the Antarctic Peninsula have given me never to be forgotten memories of some truly awe inspiring experiences.
It would be a dream come true to….
- Witness the Aurora Borealis (or the northern lights)
- Trek to the top of Angel Falls, Venezuela
- Visit the Polar Bears in the Arctic
I will never forget….
- Antarctica – Magical landscapes, unforgettable wildlife experiences and the incredible silence; no words can describe how truly special this continent is!
- Russia & The Baltics – Standing in Red Square, Moscow and wandering through the beautiful medieval cities of Tallinn & Riga.
- Georgia – Tasting the unique local wines of Georgia.
- Myanmar – Exploring the Temples of Bagan by bike.
- Uganda – Staring into the eyes of the Mountain Gorillas and the sound of the male’s chest beating.
- Uzbekistan – Being mesmerised by the UNESCO World Heritage sites in Samarkand, Bukhara & Khiva.
- Turkey – Hot Air Ballooning over Cappadocia.
- New York – Getting lost in Central Park.
- Cambodia – Watching the sunrise over Angkor wat Temple.
- Buenos Aires – Shopping for treasures at San Telmo Market.
- Peru – The views over Machu Picchu from the Sun Gate.
- Morocco – The mouth-watering smell of tagines cooking whilst walking the streets of Marrakesh
Off the beaten track highlights…
- The Silk Road – The People, Architecture and Deserts of Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan & Kazakhstan
- Central America – Everything – ancient ruins, cultures, beaches, volcanos & jungles
- Cuba – Horseback riding through Tobacco plantations and meeting the local cigar makers
I was pleasantly surprised by…
- Cape Town – A fantastic city full of world class cafes and restaurants. Not to mention the breath taking backdrop of Table Mountain.
- Azerbaijan – The very cosmopolitan capital, Baku, blends UNESCO listed sights, skyscrapers and multicultural influences.
- Panama – The seven islands of the Bocas del Toro – one of the most biologically diverse places on earth!