UK born and raised in South Africa meant that I was always going to head north at some point. And east and west! I’ve been to vibrant cities and sleepy villages, marvelled at majestic mountains, observed nature at play and savoured interesting food along the way. I go in search of moments that the locals take for granted – those which leave you speechless and then turn you in to a storyteller.
- Sultry salsa dancing in Cuba with the locals
- Witnessing the Niagara Falls – frozen!
- Interacting with orang-utans in Northern Sumatra
- Sundowners on Camps Bay Beach, Cape Town
- Camel trekking across the Sinai Desert
- The Semana Santa Festival of San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico
- Taking the slow-boat down the Mekong River
Some of my favourite views are from the top of…
- Table Mountain, Cape Town
- Sigiriya, Sri Lanka
- Tikal Mayan Ruins, Guatemala
- Victoria Peak, Hong Kong
- Empire State Building, New York
- Willis Tower, Chicago
- Bob’s Peak, Queenstown
- Arthur’s Seat, Edinburgh
Just back from…
A South Pacific sailing adventure aboard Windstar in Tahiti – an elegant, yet casual way to explore such abundant marine life in very blue, crystal clear, warm water.
Could never tire of…
- Bear watching in Tofino, Vancouver Is.
- Wine tasting in Franschhoek, Western Cape
- Game spotting in Southern Africa – and the sunsets are spectacular too
- Snorkelling in the Great Barrier Reef and Tahiti
- Listening to jazz and blues along the streets of New Orleans
- A cider at The Apple in Bristol and Willie Smith’s in ‘Tassie’
In the not too distant future, I would love to…
- Travel at high speed across the Norwegian wilderness pulled by a pack of huskies, retiring to a log cabin to watch the dance of the northern lights.
- Basque in the beauty of a barge on the Canal du Midi, stopping to enjoy the culinary delights along the way.
- Hike the Stone Forest, marvel at the Avenue of Baobab Trees, trekking for lemurs in the sacred forests of Madagascar and staying on an island in the Mitsio Archipelago for my very own ‘castaway’ experience!