23-day Escorted Tour, departing 1 June 2021
To secure your space on either tour date, return your completed booking form along with an $8,000 non-refundable deposit to Discover Travel.
Namibia is an absolute must for the keen photographer. The country is a kaleidoscope of colour, begging to be captured on camera. In Damaraland and north-western Namibia, echoes of its ancient geological history are in the mountains, dried up rivers and rock formations. Sossusvlei, with its shifting sand dunes is a wonder to behold and for wildlife encounters, Etosha National Park is one of the premier parks in Africa with a number of species not encountered elsewhere, all meeting at the waterholes to drink.
Zimbabwe’s magical Victoria Falls straddling Zambia and Zimbabwe, at a width of 1.7 km and height of 108 m, they form the largest sheet of falling water in the world.
Botswana is home to Africa’s most richly populated wildlife areas, with an unsurpassed variety of animals. The country offers the best concentrated safari experiences, and due to its largely roadless wilderness areas lends itself to the fly-in safari. The country’s highlights are in the remote wilderness areas including the Okavango Delta, Chobe National Park and Savute.
- The incredible sand dunes of Sossusvlei
- German-influenced colonial town of Swakopmund
- Etosha Pan and National Park
- Ancient geology and landscapes of Damaraland
- Himba tribe of Southern Etosha Natioanl Park
- AfriCat Wildlife Sanctuary
- Majestic Victoria Falls
- Sundowners on Zambezi River cruise
- Wetlands of the Okavango Delta
- Chobe National Park Safaris
- Economy class return airfares from Christchurch
- 3-4 star lodges/camps
- Personal meet & greet at all airports and airstrips
- All transfers in either shared or private vehicle transport as per itinerary
- Victoria Falls sightseeing tours/excursions including entrance fees with English-speaking guides
- Scheduled/shared light aircraft flights within Botswana as specified in the itinerary
- All National Park & Concession/Conservation fees
- Safari activities as shown in the itinerary – generally twice daily game activities and scheduled activities at safari lodges/camps unless otherwise indicated in the itinerary
- Services of the professional lodge rangers, trackers guides and camp staff at safari lodges/camps
- Meals as shown in the itinerary: ⒷⓁⒹ B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner
- Beverages – only if specified at certain lodges & camps
- Sightseeing and excursions as per itinerary
- Tour escort
Your Tour Escort Sue Verrall
Sue Verrall lived and worked in Tanzania for ten years. She has also lived in Zimbabwe and Ethiopia as well as visiting many other African countries. A landscape and rural development specialist, now based back in North Canterbury, she has drawn on her sixteen years accumulated regional knowledge and many friendships to create a rare experience of people, animals and fun times.