Solo Travellers Club
Expressions of interest are now open for our 2019 Solo Travellers Club Escorted Tours!
Itineraries will be released soon! Designed exclusively for members of our Solo Travellers Club these tours, escorted by Sue Verrall, offers 4* to 5* deluxe hotels with single room occupancy throughout the journey.
10 day escorted tour, 01-10 August 2019
A graceful sailing yacht is the perfect way to experience the true wonder of Tahiti. The trade winds fill the sails as you visit one legendary island after another, allowing you time to swim and snorkel in crystal-clear lagoons, meander through lush rainforests, and experience the fascinating Polynesian culture from tikis to tiare flowers.
19 day escorted tour, 10-28 September 2019
Designed to provide an insight into the lives of local Iranian women, this female-only escorted tour immerses you in their warm hospitality and friendly culture. You’ll witness the balance between staunch traditionalism and modern sensibilities, visiting the female-only section of Shiraz’s venerated Shah Cheragh shrine, and the hidden oasis of an Iranian beauty salon where women relax, remove their Islamic dress and are pampered. Travel in the female-only section of local buses, metro and an overnight train to view sights regarded by UNESCO as having “outstanding universal value”, and join in on a women’s ‘Habib-free’ yoga class.
Discover the world with like-minded solo travellers and become a member of our Discover Solo Travellers Club.
In over 20 years as Christchurch’s leading boutique travel agency, we’ve enjoyed promoting styles of travel that are cost-effective for our solo travellers.
Many of our clients have had travel buddies or partners who are now unable to travel with them or perhaps they have no one to travel with. Others just prefer to travel on their own!
Our Club highlights a large selection of small group tours worldwide, predominately designed for solo travellers. These include 34 walking holidays, 15 cultural holidays, 9 mixed activity holidays, 10 cycling holidays and 2 wildlife holidays.
We also offer several fully escorted tours from New Zealand which do not incur a single supplement if you are happy to travel on a ‘willing to share’ basis.
Prefer your own room? No problem! We can discuss the many small group and coach tour operators and cruise lines who are ‘solo-traveller friendly’, offering low or no single supplements.
Benefits of Membership
- Invites to exclusive Information Evenings
- Updates on special offers specifically for solo travellers
- Invites to exclusive Discover Solo Travellers Club annual social event
- Receive an initial discount of $50/$100 on your first short/long-haul booking on presentation of your Discover Solo Travellers Club membership card
Introduce a friend, who also becomes a Discover Solo Travellers Club member, and you will receive a special ‘thank you’ gift.
Travellers Club Newsletters
Our first Solo Travellers Club information evening was held early in July 2016. So much information was covered on the evening we summarised the show this series of newsletters:
- Thanks for joining us at the Discover Solo Travellers Evening!
- Small Group Tours we recommend for Solo Travellers
- Prefer to take a Coach Tour? Check out these great options for Solo Travellers…
- Solo Travellers Guide to River Cruising – great savings inside!
- Solo Travellers Guide to Ocean Cruising – what are the options?
- Small Ship and Expedition Cruising – get closer to the world’s remote corners as a Solo Traveller
Join ‘The Club’ to receive further updates on special offers specifically for solo travellers, your personal invite to our exclusive Solo Travellers Club annual social event, and many other benefits!