Self catering options whether apartment, villa or farmhouse are perfect for the Kiwi traveller looking to live like a local or get off-the-beaten-track and enjoy a slow holiday.
5 Top Reasons for Self Catering:
- Value for money – especially for families or groups
- More space – not just a small hotel room
- Laundry facilities – great if you are overseas for a long trip
- Cooking facilities – a great reason to buy produce from the local market
- Outdoor Living – your own pool and outdoor terrace for alfresco dining
Villas and farmhouses are typically a week long option and usually only booked Saturday to Saturday whilst apartment stays in cities are perfect if you are staying longer than 3 nights. Most of the top cities offer good apartments including Paris, London, Berlin, Rome, New York, Vancouver and many others.
Our Top Favourite Villa Destinations in Europe:
- France – Provence, the Dordogne, Burgundy, Bordeaux and Corsica
- Italy – Tuscany, Umbria, the Lakes, Sicily and Sardinia
- Croatia, Turkey and Spain are very popular for repeat travellers.
Check out our do’s and don’ts for planning a villa or apartment stay in Europe.