Unearth a treasure trove of Georgia’s cultural highlights and fascinating history, accompanied by unexpected culinary delights. Wander cosmopolitan Tbilisi’s cobbled streets and boulevards, stopping to feast on cheese-laden Khachapuri. After sampling Qvevri-made wines in the Kakheti Valley, head into the Caucasus Mountains to explore Gergeti’s iconic Holy Trinity Church.
Kakheti – Explore Georgia’s wine region, including a visit to the 16th-century Gremi fortress, as well as a hands-on lesson in making Georgian bread and sweets
Family meals – Dine in local family homes and immerse yourself in Georgian culture and cuisine
Mtskheta – In one of the oldest cities in Georgia you’ll visit an 11th-century cathedral and while in the capital spend time with Teona, an avid home cook.
Itineraries on some departure dates may differ.
- DAY 1 – Join trip in Tbilisi
- DAY 2 – Walking tour of Tbilisi including cable car ride to Narikala Fort; Khachapuri ‘masterclass’
- DAY 3 – Visit Signaghi village and Gremi fortress ; mtsvadi lunch with local family, bread and sweet making. Visit to Qvevri maker
- DAY 4 – Visit Telavi farmers’ market; Kist-Georgian family lunch in Pankisi Valley. Cellar visit and tasting of qvevri-made wines
- DAY 5 – Visits to Jvari Monastery, Svetitskhoveli Cathedral and Uplistsikhe cave town. Cookery lesson in traditional Georgian dishes
- DAY 6 – Drive along the Georgian Military Highway to Stepantsminda. Tea and jam tasting
- DAY 7 – Walk to Gergeti Trinity Church. Make khinkali dumplings with local family before returning to Tbilisi
- DAY 8 – Trip ends in Tbilisi
EXW – XGE
Images courtesy of Explore Worldwide