Discover the rich flavours and centuries-old Caucasian classics of Yerevan, Tbilisi and beyond
Taste the punchy flavours of Armenia and Georgia on this 10-day food adventure. Begin the journey in Yerevan, contrasting traditional Armenian barbecue, grilled trout and tolma with the many spicy aromas of the local markets. Continue the adventure in Georgia, where the charming facades of Tbilisi and the snow-dusted peaks of the Caucasus are the backdrop for culinary adventures, both hands-on and leisurely. Enjoy the region’s most iconic and celebrated dishes, all washed down with a delicious array of Georgia’s famous local wines.
Why you’ll love this trip
- Prepare your own tolma (vine-wrapped rice, herbs and lentils) and join a masterclass with a local family to learn how to make khinkali (Georgian dumplings).
- Join local families for traditional homecooked meals, sampling Armenian trout with a family in Garni and make a Georgian barbecue with a family in the Kakheti region.
- Take a hike in the striking Caucasus mountains to perhaps one of the best positioned churches in Europe – Gergeti Trinity Church.
- Taste the region’s most iconic dishes, including chaqafuli (beef or lamb in plum sauce), mtsvadi (meat skewers), churchkhela (nutty Georgian candy) and khachapuri (cheese breads).
- Enjoy a glass or two of the locally produced wine and learn about the unique Qvevri tradition of using clay pots to create delicious, unﬁltered and organic drops.
Day 1: Yerevan
Day 2: Yerevan
Day 3: Yerevan
Day 4: Tbilisi
Day 5: Tbilisi
Day 6: Telavi
Day 7: Gudauri
Day 8: Gudauri / Stepantsminda
Day 9: Tbilisi
Day 10: Tbilisi
INT – KFZG
Images Courtesy of Intrepid Group