Take a deep dive into American southern culture on the way to New Orleans
This twelve-day Atlanta to New Orleans tour takes you deep into the heart of America’s past for an indepth look at how it shaped today’s movement for human rights. Immerse yourself in the history and culture of famous cities where you’ll dig deeper to learn more about the mansions of Savannah, land which once housed vast cotton plantations, the refined elegance of Charleston and the toe-tapping tunes of Nashville, the heartland of country and western music. If you want to do more than just see the sights, this immersive historic tour is calling your name.
Why you’ll love this trip
- Wander the historic streets of Savannah trying the local food on a walking tour which blends the city’s history with some of its most delicious eats.
- Learn about Charleston’s rich and complex past with a local storyteller and guide and uncover the ‘lost stories’ of Charleston’s rich history.
- Take a guided tour of Bonaventure Cemetery where you’ll hear stories of the fascinating people interred here among the live oaks dripping with Spanish moss.
- Earn your place in the Country Music Hall of Fame as you take part in a recording session with a professional sound engineer at the iconic Studio B in Nashville.
- Get to know the real New Orleans during a walking tour that celebrates the city’s jazz music heritage, stopping off at some lively venues along the way.
- It doesn’t get much better than Southern food – learn how to cook a classic New Orleans Cajun feast for a true taste of Louisiana.
- Visit the Whitney Plantation where you’ll get a sobering glimpse at what life was like for those enslaved on a Louisiana sugarcane plantation.
Day 1: Atlanta
Day 2: Savannah
Day 3: Savannah
Day 4: Charleston
Day 5: Asheville
Day 6: Nashville
Day 7: Nashville
Day 8: Memphis
Day 9: Memphis
Day 10: New Orleans
Day 11: New Orleans
Day 12: New Orleans
INT – SSKYC
Images courtesy of Intrepid Group