Get your Khmer share of active adventures along the Mekong.
Cambodia’s incredible beauty, fantastic food and unique culture are even better when combined with some outdoor adventure. Get active on a nine-day exploration of the country’s verdant countryside, Khmer history and welcoming communities – hiking, biking and kayaking through its heart. Explore Phnom Penh and visit the haunting monuments dedicated to Cambodia’s tragic past, take to the Mekong for an island homestay, get up close with Irrawaddy dolphins and explore spectacular flooded forests, then discover the ancient temple ruins of the incredible Angkor complex by foot and mountain bike. From Phnom Penh to Siem Reap, you’ll see Cambodia in all its natural glory.
Why you’ll love this trip
- See the best of Cambodia in one energetic helping, taking in the highlights while getting active to uncover some underexplored treasures of this South East Asian hotspot.
- Cycle off the main streets and into the heart of Phnom Penh with a guided backstreets bike tour – weaving through small villages and rice paddies, you’ll see local life firsthand.
- Discover traditional Khmer villages and their dedication to reforestation on the Mekong island of Koh Trong, and swing the day away in a hammock at a rural homestay with your small group.
- Angkor what? Temple hop through the Angkor complex and surrounding jungle by private minibus and bike, allowing you to discover this incredible site from unique perspectives.
- Paddle through spectacular flooded forests of Stung Treng by kayak and try to spot rare Irrawaddy dolphins from the water on a boat excursion along parts of the Mekong River.
Day 1: Phnom Penh
Day 2: Cycling in Phnom Penh
Day 3: Cycling in Kratie/Koh Trong
Day 4: Hiking in Stung Treng
Day 5: Kayaking in Stung Treng
Day 6: Siem Reap
Re-join your leader and drive onwards to one of Cambodia’s most popular destinations at Siem Reap, the gateway to the famed Angkor complex. With its cafes, bars, restaurants, food and drink stands, Siem Reap caters for all persuasions. A visit to the old market is a must, even if you’re not looking for souvenirs – wandering through the stalls and surrounding shops, the silks, cottons, sarongs, silver and statues are a kaleidoscope of colour and a feast for the eyes. One arrived, your leader will take you on an orientation walk to help you get acquainted with this bustling town.
Day 7: Siem Reap / Angkor Wat
Day 8: Cycling in Siem Reap/Angkor Wat
Day 9: Siem Reap
6 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner
Bicycle, Boat, Private minibus, Kayak
Homestay (1 night), Hotel (7 nights)
- Phnom Penh – Mekong Island cycling
- Koh Trong – Cycling
- Koh Trong – Village walk
- Kratie – Wat Phnom Sambok Temple
- Kampi – Dolphin boat tour
- Stung Treng – Kayaking
- Steung Treng – Sopheakmit Waterfall
- Stung Treng – Mekong River cruise and hike
- Beng Mealea – Beng Mealea Temple
- Siem Reap – Leader-led orientation walk
- Siem Reap – Three day Angkor Pass
- Siem Reap – Angkor Temples Guided Tour
- Siem Reap – Phnom Bok Temple
- Siem Reap – Angkor Temples cycling tour
Images courtesy of Intrepid Group
INT – TKXC