Explore classic Rajasthan on an adventurous tour through northern India
The enchanting northern state of Rajasthan is awash with all the colours of India. On our classic adventure, we discover the fierce history of massive forts and the opulence and splendour of Maharajahs’ palaces. Stroll markets, search for the elusive Bengal tiger, enjoy a shared meal with a family in Pushkar, and soak up the culture of the local people. This is truly the essence of Rajasthan.
Why you’ll love this trip
- This is our most popular trip to Rajasthan and one of the top-selling trips in our entire range. Opulent, whimsical, and endlessly fascinating – Rajasthan will no doubt capture your imagination and your heart too.
- Don’t worry if you find the idea of travelling to India daunting at first – your local leader will be on hand to give you all the insider info to help you have a memorable experience of this captivating, but sometimes challenging, country.
- Watch the sunset from a rampart on Fort Madhogarh, one of our heritage hotels (and a former royal residence) that will be your accommodation while here.
- Keep your adrenaline charged with an evening tiger-spotting safari among the lakes and jungles of one of India’s best known national parks – Ranthambhore.
- Visit our local friends in their home on the border of sacred Pushkar Lake and the evocative Thar Desert. Share a meal together and gain insight into local life.
Day 1: Delhi
Day 2: Delhi
Day 3: Agra
Day 4: Madhogarh
Day 5: Jaipur
Day 6: Jaipur
Day 7: Ranthambhore National Park
Day 8: Bundi
Day 9: Paangarh Lake
Day 10: Bijaipur
Day 11: Udaipur
Day 12: Udaipur
Day 13: Pushkar
Day 14: Pushkar – Delhi
Day 15: Delhi
INT – HHSC
Images Courtesy of Intrepid Group