Follow the Nile in style, for a while.
Pharaohs, feluccas, temples and tombs. Pyramids, bazaars, mummies and catacombs. Egypt has myriad possibilities to marvel and discover, and on a 12-day cultural expedition to its highlights, you’ll understand how time has stood still and why you’ll need a history lesson at every turn. Lose yourself in the colour and chaos of Cairo’s Khan al-Khalili Bazaar, stand at the feet of Abu Simbel’s monumental temples, set sail down the iconic Nile and feel grand in the Valley of the Kings. With all your comforts cared for and questions answered by knowledgeable local leaders, Egypt will serve up all the historic, symbolic and pharaonic goods.
Why you’ll love this trip
- Set sail down the Nile – one of the world’s most iconic rivers. Relax in comfort as scenes of everyday Egyptian life stream by and experience day turn to night from your sundeck.
- Join a local family in a small village near Aswan for a memorable night of Nubian hospitality. Learn about this ancient culture while sharing a special dinner with your hosts.
- Wander the treasure-filled halls of the Egyptian Museum and stroll through past the colours and aromas of the Khan al-Khalili Bazaar in Egypt’s capital, Cairo.
- Explore the marvels, mythology and mystery of Ancient Egypt, including the Pyramids at Giza and the tombs of iconic pharaohs in the Valley of the Kings, with expert guides providing a local insight.
Day 1: Cairo
Day 2: Cairo
Day 3: Alexandria
Day 4: Alexandria – Cairo – Overnight Train
Day 5: Aswan
Day 6: Abu Simbel – Nile River Cruise
Day 7: Nile River Cruise
Day 8: Nile Cruise
Day 9: Luxor
Day 10: Luxor
Day 11: Cairo
Day 12: Cairo
11 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 5 dinners
Private vehicle, Plane, Cruise boat, Felucca, Overnight sleeper train
Hotel (7 nights), Cruise boat (3 nights), Overnight Sleeper Train (1 night)
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Cairo – Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx
- Cairo – The Egyptian Museum headset
- Cairo – Egyptian Museum
- Alexandria – Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa
- Alexandria – Bibliotheca Alexandrina
- Alexandria – Al Montazah Palace & Gardens
- Aswan – Nubian Village Visit and Dinner
- Aswan – Philae Temple
- Abu Simbel – Abu Simbel temples
- Aswan – Felucca Sail
- Izbat Al Bayyarah – Kom Ombo Temple
- Luxor – Karnak Temple (entrance fee)
- Luxor – Colossi of Memnon
- Luxor – Valley of the Kings (entrance to 3 tombs)
- Luxor – Tomb of Tutankhamun
- Luxor – Hatshepsut Temple
- Cairo – Khan al-Khalili bazaar visit
Images courtesy of Intrepid Group