Discover glaciers, geysers and geothermal pools in Iceland’s Golden Circle
Visit the highlights and hotspots of Iceland’s Golden Circle on a five-day loop from Reykjavik. And when we say hotspots, we really mean it. Whether you’re soaking in the warm waters of the Blue Lagoon or marvelling at the bursts of the Strokkur Geysir, this adventure is sure to be off the scale. But it wouldn’t be the land of fire and ice without visits to the Solheimajokull Glacier and a series of chillingly beautiful waterfalls. To see another side of life in Iceland, you’ll stay on a sustainable working farm and travel with an expert local leader who’ll show you what makes their country one of the world’s most inviting.
Why you’ll love this trip
- See all the sights that make Iceland’s famous Golden Circle so celebrated, from Gulfoss Waterfall to Strokkur Geysir and Thingvellir National Park.
- Come face to face with one of Europe’s largest ice caps during an adventurous walk over the Solheimajokull Glacier, allowing you to really appreciate its mighty size.
- Visit a sustainably run working farm and enjoy a farm-to-table meal, and do your bit by planting a tree on the farm to contribute to your hosts’ carbon offsetting efforts.
- There are few things more quintessentially Icelandic than soaking in a geothermal pool – experience it for yourself during a visit to the iconic Blue Lagoon hot springs.
- Visit a geothermal bakery for a food experience like no other. Discover how rye bread is cooked beneath the ground by hot black sand and sample a delicious piece yourself.
Day 1: Reykjavik
Day 2: Blue Lagoon / Reykjanes / Hvolsvollur Valley
Day 3: Golden Circle / Hvolsvollur Valley
Day 4: South Coast / Reykjavik
Day 5: Thingvellir National Park / Reykjavik
4 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners
Private minibus with free Wi-Fi
Hotel (1 night), Remote farmstay hotel (3 nights)
- Reykjanes Peninsula – Blue Lagoon
- Reykjanes Peninsula – Gunnuhver hot springs
- Reykjanes Peninsula – Strandarkirkja
- Reykjanes Peninsula – Bridge between Continents
- Golden Circle – Strokkur Geysir
- Golden Circle – Gullfoss Waterfall
- Golden Circle – Icelandic Specialties Tasting
- Golden Circle – Rye Bread Bakery Experience
- Hvolsvollur Valley – Farm to Table Dinner
- South Coast – Solheimajokull Glacier Hike
- South Coast – Skogafoss Waterfall
- South Coast – Seljalandsfoss Waterfall
- South Coast – Kvernufoss Waterfall Hike
- Reykjavik – Walking Tour
- Golden Circle – Thingvellir National Park
- Hvolsvollur Valley – Tree Planting Project (summer only)
Images courtesy of Intrepid Group
INT – BIKH