Uncover the heart of Morocco on journey from Casablanca to Marrakech, through roman ruins, Berber villages and across the dunes of the Sahara.
Morocco is an intoxicating fusion of cultures, with a history as diverse and varied as the colours woven into each carpet sold on the street. Uncover the essence of this enticing country on a two-week adventure through ancient cities, medieval bazaars and high mountain villages. Admire the impressive Roman ruins of Volubilis, go behind the scenes of a film makers heaven in Ait Benhaddou, discover the dramatic red dunes of the Sahara Desert and stroll through the blue streets of Chefchaouen. Journey into Morocco’s heart through its food, religion, language and culture to better understand this exciting nation and passionate people.
Why you’ll love this trip
- Visit the grand Mosque of Hassan II in Casablanca, one of the most impressive temples in Morocco, before exploring the sights of the country’s first imperial city of Meknes.
- Feel like you’ve travelled back to the Middle Ages in the labyrinthine medina of Fes, under the eye of a local tour guide.
- Go behind the scenes of Game of Thrones and Gladiator in the fortified red city of Ait Benhaddou, and pay a visit to a community-run teahouse that provides local women with an income.
- Take a guided tour through Marrakech’s lively medina and join the nightly carnival of fortune-tellers, dancers, and medicine men in Djemaa el-Fna square.
- Stay in a traditional Berber homestay to understand the culture and tradition of an indigenous population who have stood the test of time.
- Discover the dramatic red dunes of the Sahara Desert and spend the night camping under North African stars.
- Admire Morocco’s changing landscapes from the comfortable seat of a private, air-conditioned minivan.
Day 1: Casablanca
Day 2: Casablanca – Rabat – Meknes
Day 3: Meknes – Volubilis – Chefchaouen
Day 4: Fes
Day 5: Fes
Day 6: Midelt
Day 7: Merzouga – Sahara Camp
Day 8: Todra Gorge – M’Goun Valley
Day 9: M’Goun Valley
Day 10: Skoura – Ait Benhaddou
Day 11: Marrakech
Day 12: Marrakech
Day 13: Marrakech
12 breakfasts, 5 dinners
Private minibus, Taxi
Desert Camp (1 night), Gite (2 nights), Riad (3 nights), Hotel (6 nights)
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Casablanca – Hassan II Mosque
- Rabat – Kasbah Les Oudayas
- Rabat – Kasbah Oudaya Local Drink
- Rabat – Hassan Tower
- Rabat – Mausoleum Mohammed V
- Rabat – Mausoleum Hassan II
- Volubilis – Entrance and Guided Tour
- Meknes – Medina walking tour
- Fes – Funduq al-Najjarin
- Fes – Al-Attarine Madrasa
- Fes – Medina walking tour
- Midelt – Hike
- Sahara Desert – Camel ride
- Todra Gorge – Leader-led walk
- M’goun Valley – Guided Half Day Hike
- Skoura – Kasbah and Oasis visit
- Ait Benhaddou – Leader-led ksar walk
- Ait Benhaddou – Tawesna Tea Break
- Marrakech – Medina walking tour
- Marrakech – Palais Bahia
- Marrakech – Fresh Orange Juice Djemaa el Fna
Images courtesy of Intrepido Group