Getaway to the beachside paradise of Palawan.
Be mesmerised by the nature and people of the Philippines on this eight-day adventure from Manila to Palawan. Explore one of the greenest cities in the country, trek to the Batak tribe to meet some locals, stroll white-sand beaches and island hop around El Nido. Snorkel in the sapphire waters, discover the limestone caves of Sabang and see fireflies dancing at dusk at the Iwahig River. With plenty of free time to travel your own way, this is a beach getaway abounding with natural beauty, stunning landscapes and vibrant culture.
Why you’ll love this trip
- Contrast the chaos and bustle of city life in Manila with the relaxed way of life in Palawan. With an option to extend your trip on either end, you can focus on the stuff you want.
- Take an evening adventure to the Iwahig River where you’ll see swarms of fireflies dancing at dusk. The natural beauty of the Philippines continues to shine, whatever time of day.
- Enjoy a full day of island hopping and snorkelling off the coast of El Nido. Look to the bottom of these clear waters, and glide among the coral and tropical fish.
- Have plenty of free time beachside to choose your own adventure – day trip to the pristine Nacpan Beach, self-guided kayaking adventure or a spot of shopping? You choose!
- Experience a unique meeting with one of Palawan’s great indigenous groups – the Batak tribe. Interact with the locals of the village and witness daily life as it is today.
Day 1: Manila
Day 2: Puerto Princesa
Day 3: San Rafael Beach
Day 4: San Rafael Beach
Day 5: El Nido
Day 6: El Nido
Day 7: El Nido
Day 8: El Nido
7 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 1 dinner
Boat, Jeepney, Private minibus, Plane
Hotel (5 nights), Beach chalet (2 nights)
- Puerto Princesa – Iwahig River Firefly Boat trip
- Sabang – Puerto Princesa Subterranean River boat trip
- Sabang – Batak Tribe trek
- El Nido – Island hopping boat trip & snorkelling
Images courtesy of Intrepid Group
INT – TOSH