Discover the natural and cultural paradise of Costa Rica
Embark on thrilling adventure through Costa Rica’s verdant rainforests, ancient volcanoes and glittering beaches, where wildlife waits around every corner. This nine-day Premium journey will see you uncover the local secrets of San Jose, explore the wild wetlands of Cano Negro, marvel at the biodiversity of Monteverde and search for sloths in Manuel Antonio. A local leader will take you beneath Costa Rica’s lush surface and show you the country at its very best. Costa Rica’s natural wonders have etched it a place on the map, but you’ll soon discover its cherished traditions and welcoming people are every bit as endearing.
Why you’ll love this trip
- Visit a project focused on promoting sustainable agricultural practices while preserving ancient traditions. During this Exclusive Experience, tour the farm to learn about their processes and sit down to a farm-fresh lunch.
- Gain an understanding of Costa Rica’s rich biodiversity and history as you travel with an experienced local leader and explore with expert guides in La Fortuna, the Cano Negro Wetlands and Manuel Antonio National Park.
- Perched on a scenic hilltop, your Feature Stay offers incredible views of the sparkling ocean and lush jungle terraces. Surrounded by its own wildlife refuge, Si Como No Resort is the perfect base for exploring Manuel Antonio National Park.
- Board a raft and explore the wild Cano Negro Wetlands with a naturalist guide – this Exclusive Experience will get you up close and personal with monkeys, iguanas, caimans, bats and lizards in their natural environment.
- Get beneath the surface of San Jose with a visit the workshop of an artisan who makes traditional masquerades – learn about their craft and life in Costa Rica in this Exclusive Experience.
Day 1: San Jose
Day 2: La Fortuna
Day 3: La Fortuna
Day 4: Monteverde
Day 5: Monteverde
Day 6: Manuel Antonio
Day 7: Manuel Antonio
Day 8: San Jose
Day 9: San Jose
INT – QBPR
Images courtesy of Intrepid Group