Discover Maya ruins, colonial towns and pristine beaches in Mexico
Vibrant in every way, Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula delights with its bright turquoise waters, pastel-hued buildings and traditional culture that’s still alive and kicking today. Soak up the region’s best on an eight-day Premium adventure, from the bountiful coastline of Puerto Morelos to the colourful city of Valladolid, the colonial town of Merida and the white sand beaches of Tulum. Learn the ancient secrets of the Maya during visits to Chichen Itza, Muyil and the Tulum archaeological site, and travel with a local guide, meet local families, conservationists and historians to uncover a side of the country most don’t get to see.
Why you’ll love this trip
- Visit the spectacular ruins of Chichen Itza, Muyil and Tulum where your local leader and expert guides will bring thousands of years of Maya history to life.
- Gain a deeper understanding of local life during Exclusive Experiences, including a Maya Pibil meal in the home of a local couple and tortilla making demonstration at the secluded Laguna Chabela community.
- Enjoy the old-world charm of your Feature Stay accommodation in Merida – a magnificent 17th century mansion turned boutique hotel with elegant decor and traditional touches.
- Meet with a local conservationist for an Exclusive Experience at the Celestun Bird Sanctuary and Biosphere Reserve. Learn about conservation efforts while looking out for colourful flora and fauna.
- Swim in a cenote, float down the Muyil river, and visit a beach club in Tulum to make the best of the Yucatan peninsula.
Day 1: Puerto Morelos
Day 2: Valladolid
Day 3: Merida – Chichen Itza
Day 4: Merida
Day 5: Merida
Day 6: Tulum
Day 7: Tulum
Day 8: Tulum
INT – QBPN
Images courtesy of Intrepid Group