Discover the treasures of the Amazon and secrets of the Incas in Peru
Welcome to Peru, where colourful cities rub shoulders with wild rainforests and ancient monuments. Join a local leader to discover the Incan, indigenous and modern sides of Peru on an immersive nine-day Premium journey. From the colonial charm of Lima to the incredible biodiversity of the Amazon Rainforest, the historically rich city of Cusco and the spectacular Incan ruins of Machu Picchu – this adventure takes you straight to the heart of it all. Take time to soak up quiet moments of local life and get beneath the surface of a remarkable country that’s anything but ordinary.
Why you’ll love this trip
- Sleep surrounded by nature in the Amazon rainforest in a private thatched cabana at your magnificent feature stay lodge. Located in the heart of a 380 hectare-private ecological reserve, this unique resort has an on-site team of expert local guides.
- Take your taste buds on a trip, from the market stalls of Lima and one of the city’s best restaurants, to a traditional Andean lunch in the Sacred Valley.
- Get to know local culture during interactions with Chichubamba community, let a local leader show you the country’s best, and explore with expert guides in Cusco, Ollantaytambo and Machu Picchu.
- Take in unbeatable views of the Andes as you travel towards Machu Picchu on a 360 train, offering high domed windows and an open-air observation carriage to immerse yourself in the incredible landscape.
- Experience the country’s best sights during two guided visits to remarkable Machu Picchu and an unforgettable day of wildlife activities in the Amazon Jungle.
Day 1: Lima
Day 2: Amazon Jungle
Day 3: Amazon Jungle
Day 4: Cusco
Day 5: Cusco
Day 6: Ollantaytambo
Day 7: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu
Day 8: Cusco
Day 9: Cusco
INT – GGPI
Images courtesy of Intrepid Group