Experience a special event and remarkable wildlife in Rwanda and Uganda
Encounter the culture, history and wildlife of Rwanda and Uganda on a 9-day adventure that’s as moving as it is fun. Take part in an incredibly important gorilla naming ceremony in the name of conservation in Musanze, look out for big-ticket wildlife on game drives in Queen Elizabeth National Park, search for mountain gorillas in Bwindi National Park, meet a Gorilla Doctor in Kisoro, and learn about Rwanda’s devastating history in Kigali. The experiences you’ll have on this adventure will stick with you for a lifetime.
Why you’ll love this trip
- With gorilla permits included in the price of the trip, seek out the rare mountain gorilla on a trek through Uganda’s steamy forests and spend an unforgettable hour in their presence.
- Experience one of the world’s most important celebrations of conservation success; a naming ceremony for the baby gorillas born in Rwanda’s Volcanoes National Park over the past year.
- Discover the diverse wildlife of Queen Elizabeth National Park on exciting game drives, and an optional boat cruise around the lake, and learn how human-wildlife conflict is being tackled with anti-crop raiding techniques.
- Spend one night in beautiful Gisenyi on the north shore of Lake Kivu. Take a boat cruise around the lake spotting birdlife and visiting some of the small islands.
- Be joined by a field veterinarian from The Gorilla Doctors for an exclusive fireside chat at our lodge, knowing that a proportion of your trip cost goes back to supporting the important work they do.
Day 1: Kigali
Day 2: Musanze
Day 3: Queen Elizabeth National Park
Day 4: Queen Elizabeth National Park (Ishasha Sector)
Day 5: Kisoro
Day 6: Kisoro (Gorilla Trek)
Day 7: Gisenyi
Day 8: Kigali
Day 9: Kigali
INT – YGSUS
Images courtesy of Intrepid Group