Explore Borneo’s wildlife paradise – Sabah
Explore a mystical land of natural beauty and rare wildlife on this 11-day Sabah Adventure. With its collection of unique animals, ancient traditions, hot springs, tribal villages, loveable orangutans and incredible views, Sabah has something for everyone. Experience the very best of this part of Borneo – climbing Mt Kinabalu, watching sea turtles lay their eggs and sharing laughs with your local village hosts. Each moment of this incredible small group adventure will give you a fascinating insight into the wild life of Borneo.
Why you’ll love this trip
- Discover the natural and historical beauty of northern section of Borneo in the Malaysian state of Sabah, and understand why this one of the original and best-selling Intrepid Adventures.
- Climb Mt Kinabalu – the literal pinnacle of all treks in South East Asia – with local guides whose families have trekked the mountain for generations, witnessing a stunning sunrise after a morning hike.
- Spend time getting to know the unique wildlife of Borneo at conservation sanctuaries for orangutans, proboscis monkeys and sun bears.
- Witness the special life cycle of sea turtles coming ashore on Turtle Island to lay their eggs on the beach, with the hatchlings making a dash down the beach to their new life.
- Cruise down the Kinabatangan River and search for wildlife in this rich and unique jungle ecosystem – if you’re lucky, you may spot wild pygmy elephants!
Day 1: Kota Kinabalu
Day 2: Dusun Village
Day 3: Mt Kinabalu National Park
Day 4: Mt Kinabalu National Park
Day 5: Mt Kinabalu – Poring Hot Springs
Day 6: Poring Hot Springs
Day 7: Kinabatangan River
Day 8: Sandakan
Day 9: Turtle Island
Day 10: Sepilok
Day 11: Sepilok
8 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 5 dinners
Private mini van, River boat
chalet (1 night), resort (1 nights), Homestay (1 night), Hostel (3 nights), Hotel (2 nights), Lodge (2 nights)
- Dusun Village – Guided village walk
- Dusun Village – Cultural performance
- Mt Kinabalu National Park – Mt Kinabalu Climb
- Poring Hot Springs – Hot Springs
- Kinabatangan River – Night jungle walk
- Kinabatangan River – Afternoon Wildlife Cruise
- Kinabatangan River – Dawn wildlife cruise
- Sandakan – War Memorial
- Turtle Island – Turtle Island Marine Park
- Turtle Island – Turtle Hatchery Visit
- Sepilok – Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre
Images courtesy of Intrepid Group
INT – TMSC