Uncover the Wonders of Spain, Portugal & Morocco on a 17-Day Guided Tour
Traverse Spain, Portugal and Morocco on this 17-day guided tour. Walk through the capital city of Spain, Madrid, with a Local Expert, who will drive you through the Old Quarter to see the origins of the city. In Lisbon, explore the long avenues of Lower Town with a Local Expert, and through the finest square in the city: the Terreiro do Paço. Journey to Gibraltar, a territory under British control, for a tour of St. Michael’s Cave with a Local Expert; be sure to look out for the legendary guardians of the colony, the Barbary Apes. In Marrakesh, meet a Local Expert in the Jemaa el-Fnaa Square, where you can watch dancers and acrobats twirl. Travel to the white-washed village of Alfarnatejo, then discover the oldest olive grove in the region, where you’ll taste freshly pressed oils and dine on a traditional meal while listening to stories of local life in the home of a Spanish family.
Discover Flamenco at the Cristina Heeren Foundation Seville
The Cristina Heeren Foundation aims to promote the teaching and conservation of flamenco and is a beneficiary of a TreadRight Foundation grant. Meet the students of the foundation, learn some basic flamenco steps, and then feel the passion as they perform an emotional show.
The school enables students access to cultural education that otherwise may not have occurred. TreadRights sponsorship has helped students to complete their studies in advanced guitar, singing and dance. As students complete their training, they will carry on and safeguard the traditional flamenco dance, contributing to the protection of Andalusia and Spain’s cultural heritage.
The Cristina Heeren Foundation advances UN Sustainable Development Goal 4: Quality Education and UN Sustainable Development Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities.
Madrid Prado Museum Visit with an Art Historian
Witness the world’s finest collection of Spanish paintings, plus an impressive international collection, as you tour the Prado Museum with an art historian.
Alhambra Palace in Granada
Visit the famous Alhambra Palace and Generalife Gardens. While others wait in line, you’ll be exploring accompanied by a Local Expert, keen to share insights into this Moorish landmark.
Welcome to Madrid
Prado Museum and on to Golden Salamanca
Holy Fátima and Lisbon
Lisbon and the Age of the Great Discoveries
To Seville, the City of Carmen
Free Time and Flamenco in Seville
The Straits of Gibraltar to Fes
Play It Again Sam in Casablanca
Rabat and Tangier
On to the Costa del Sol
At Leisure on the Costa del Sol
Dining with Locals and the Alhambra Palace
To Madrid in search of Don Quixote
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will delight you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Images courtesy of The Travel Corporation