Singapore • Gemas • Taman Negara • Kuala Lumpur • Penang • Johor
Departs Select Mondays, March to October
Embrace the glamour of the rails as you discover the highlights of Malaysia aboard the Eastern & Oriental Express, a Belmond train.
Step aboard and enter a world of indulgence, combining adventure, nature, cuisine and art on a journey from Singapore through the lush jungles of Malaysia to the wildlife of Taman Negara National Park and the cultural melting pot of Penang Island.
Onboard the train there are 15 beautifully restyled carriages, including Pullman, State and Presidential Suites. The former has upper and lower berths while the latter offer two single beds at floor level. Throughout each, a warm ambience flows thanks to cherrywood and elm burr paneling, decorative marquetry and fine fabrics. All cabins are fully air-conditioned and fitted with ensuite showers and bathrooms. The Presidential Suites benefit from a complimentary minibar with guests enjoying private transfers at the beginning and end of their journey. During the day, berths and single beds are converted into seating from which guests can admire the stunning, ever-changing vistas outside.
The menu aboard Eastern & Oriental Express features a variety of traditional Peranakan dishes that have been reinvented with a modern twist, introducing guests to the unique flavours and ingredients of this cuisine.
Located at the end of the train, with its own bar, this is the perfect place to enjoy cocktails. The Observation Car brings a sense of adventure with elegant laid back interiors paired with natural wicker details and pops of colour. There’s also an outdoor observation area to enjoy the panoramic scenery and breathtaking sunsets.
Located in the centre of the train is the social hub – the bar. During the evening enjoy a captivating social scene with music and vibrant entertainment. Guests will enjoy a range of contemporary performers combining elements of Nanyang jazz, Malay vintage tunes and Western music.
- All table d’hote meals
- Excursions escorted by expert guides
- A selection of wines, spirits, beers and soft drinks (Pullman & State Cabins)
- Presidential Suites also enjoy champagne plus complimentary mini-bar
- Dedicated 24-hour steward service
- Transfers from the check-in venue to the train
- Transfer from guest hotel to the check-in venue (Presidential Suites only)
- Transfer upon arrival back to Singapore (Presidential Suites only)
- A dress code applies, with ‘relaxed comfort’ during the day, and smart-casual in the evenings
- Belmond operate ‘dynamic pricing’ meaning prices are indicative only, and may only be confirmed at the time of booking
- Please enquire for specific dates and availability
NB: Ask us also about the 4-day Essence of Malaysia itinerary which journeys from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur, Langkawi, Penang and back to Singapore. This journey operates in the months of February, November and December.
Images courtesy of Belmond and World Journeys