Exploring Ningaloo, Montebello & Abrolhos Islands
12 Nights | Departing Broome | Arriving Fremantle
Departures: Oct-Nov 2022, Mar & Oct 2023, Feb & Mar 2024.
Prices from AUD$9,570 pp.
This expedition explores Western Australia’s wild and largely untouched coast, with its contrasting coastal palette of rich red sands and turquoise sea. With a fascinating maritime and Indigenous history – from the Malgana people of Shark Bay to the exploratory journeys of William Dampier, Dirk Hartog, Baudin and Freycinet – this region is layered with stories. The natural coastal reserves harbour an abundance of birdlife and fascinating marine species. Our guides will help guests explore the renowned Houtman Abrolhos Islands, Shark Bay World Heritage Area, Ningaloo Reef, Cape Range National Park, Montebello Islands, Muiron Islands and Dampier Archipelago.
- Discover the fascinating history and natural wonders of the Abrolhos Islands, as you swim with friendly sea lions and snorkel over the fringing reefs
- Explore World Heritage Shark Bay with visits to Francois Peron National Park & Dirk Hartog Island, to discover the history and abundant wildlife of this region
- Discover World-Heritage listed Ningaloo Reef with scuba diving and snorkelling at outer reefs and from the beach at Turquoise Bay
- Discover sites of cultural significance to Indigenous Australians, including the Dampier Archipelago petroglyphs, with expert interpretation
- Learn about the coast’s fascinating maritime history – the wrecks of the Barque Stefano off Northwest Cape, the Trial near the Montebellos, and the Batavia at the Abrolhos
- Birdwatch at the Muiron Islands and Montebello Islands, known for their large populations of nesting seabirds