Answer the call of Antarctica by flying over the notorious Drake Passage by charter plane to land at King George Island before exploring the Antarctic Peninsula by ship. In just 8 adventure-packed days, you’ll experience rewarding shore visits and Zodiac cruises, marvel at intimate wildlife encounters, explore historic sites and make the most of your landmark visit to the 7th Continent. Select from a range of adventure options and onboard activities that match your personal interests and make your expedition uniquely yours.
- Experience the fastest, most direct way to Antarctica
- Fly over the Drake Passage
- Marvel at all the Antarctic Peninsula highlights
- Enjoy on-board lectures and educational presentations from polar specialists
Day 1 Arrive in Punta Arenas, Chile
Day 2 Fly to King George Island and Embarkation
Days 3 to 6 Antarctic Peninsula and South Shetland Islands
Day 8 Disembarkation and Fly to Punta Arenas
Vessel Type: Comfortable Expedition
Length: 90 metres
Passenger Capacity: 118
Built / refurbished: 1975 / 1998 / 2017 – re-named to the Ocean Adventurer in June 2017
Ocean Adventurer is designed to carry 132 travelers in comfort to the most remote corners of the world. Originally built in Yugoslavia in 1976, this nimble, ice-strengthened ship has become a passenger favourite over the years and underwent refurbishments in 1999 and 2002 with the most significant being in 2017.
With the latest rounds of refurbishments guests will enjoy:
• A refreshed, contemporary new look and feel throughout the ship.
• The addition of six new twin cabins and three new suites.
• All existing cabins will be furnished with all new soft furnishings and brand new bathrooms.
• Main common areas such as the Lounge and Dining Room will be remodeled as well as the Bar.
• Major technical enhancements – include two new Rolls Royce engines, which will significantly increase fuel efficiency and minimized carbon footprint.
Optional Tours & Excursions Available. Please Contact Us for More Details.
Stand-up Paddleboarding, popularly known as SUPing, originated in Hawaii. Quark Expeditions is the first company to bring this watersport all the way to Antarctica.
Positioning yourself in the seat of a kayak is one of the most intimate ways travelers can connect with the polar regions—at water level, up close, where you can touch and feel every polar sensation imaginable. The Sea Kayak Program enables a small group of like-minded individuals to forge bonds as they explore fjords, glacial faces or mazes of sea ice.
Every sweep of the paddle as your craft glides through the pristine polar waters creates an incredible soundtrack: the jostle of glacial ice, the lapping of waves against the rocky shore, the perpetual drip from your paddle, the call of seabirds, and the occasional splash as wildlife break the surface of the water.
• Voyage in selected cabin category
• Rubber boots for use throughout the voyage
• Expedition Parka to keep
• Experience Expedition leader and team
• All shore landings and zodiac cruises as specified in the itinerary
• All meals while on board the ship
• Soft Drinks, Juice, Tea and Coffee while on board the ship
• Beer and Wine with dinner
• Lectures and presentations on board held by Expedition team and guest speakers as scheduled
• Photographic journal of the expedtion
• Luggage handling on board the ship
• Emergency Evacuation insurance up to a maximum of USD$500,000.00 per person
• All port charges/taxes
• A group arrival transfer in Punta Arenas from airport to pre-expedition hotel on Day 1
• One night’s pre-expedition hotel accommodation in Punta Arenas with breakfast (Note: The number of guests per room is the same as cabin occupancy on the ship. Due to limited availability, travelers who reserve a suite on board are accommodated in standard rooms at the hotel. Triple rooms may not be available.)
• A briefing dinner on Day 1 in Punta Arenas
• A pre-expedition group transfer in Punta Arenas from the hotel to the airport
• Flights to and from King George Island
• A post-expedition group transfer in Punta Arenas from the airport to the hotel
• One night’s post-expedition hotel accommodation in Punta Arenas with breakfast
• International and Domestic airfares unless specified
• Passport and Visa costs if applicable
• Meals ashore unless specified
• Travel insurance including cancellation insurance
• Mandatory waterproof pants – required for zodiac cruises and landings
• Any items of a personal nature including medical costs incurred on board
• Phone and Internet charges incurred on board
• Transfers other than those specified in inclusions
• Pre and post voyage accommodation unless stated in the itinerary
• Optional excursions (Eg kayaking where available)
Images courtesy of WildEarthTravel