Our Antarctica Express Air-Cruise was designed for travelers looking for a quick and affordable visit to the White Continent. This expedition offers you the chance to visit Cape Horn, cruise the Drake Passage, land in Antarctica, and fly back.
• Enjoy a day in Antarctica exploring the landscape.
• Enjoy the privilege of seeing penguins, whales, seals, and many species of antarctic birds in their native habitat.
• Enjoy a day exploring Antarctica on a Zodiac boat on our most affordable air-cruise.
• Fly from Antarctica back to Punta Arenas, Chile, and avoid one crossing of the Drake Passage.
• Visit legendary Cape Horn during your Antarctica Express Air-Cruise.
Day 1: Begin your trip in Ushuaia, Argentina
Day 2: Visit to Cape Horn
Days 3: Sail to Antarctica
Day 4: Drake Passage and Antarctica
Day 5: Antarctica and Scheduled Return Flight
Day 6: Final Day of your Air-Cruise
Vessel Type: Expedition
Length: 90.7 m – 298 ft.
Passenger Capacity: 100 (only 69 passengers for Air-Cruise operations)
MV Magellan Explorer features 50 passenger suites and cabins in five categories of accommodation, including dedicated single cabins. The cabins are very spacious, ranging in size from 40 m2 (440 sq. ft.) to 20 m2 (220 sq. ft.). All double cabins have two twin beds that can be configured as one queen-size bed, offering great flexibility to our guests. 42 cabins feature a large window and a private balcony, while 8 cabins feature a porthole. All cabins feature a private bathroom and a sitting area.
Public areas include a large, forward-facing observation lounge, an observation deck, a dining room that accommodates all guests and expedition staff in a single sitting, two meeting rooms, a gift shop, a protected outdoor barbecue area, a gym, and a sauna. The bow of the ship is accessible to guests to offer expansive views during exploration. Optional adventure activities, such as kayaking and snowshoeing, are available.
Specific measures have been taken to minimize MV Magellan Explorer’s carbon footprint, including state-of-the-art engines that meet MARPOL’s stringent Tier III emission standards. To minimize fuel consumption, a waste heat recovery system recycles the heat produced by the ship’s engines and repurposes it to power the ship’s heating system and to warm the water used on board.
• Port Fees/Taxes
• All meals on board the ship
• Complimentary Coffee/Tea and water throughout the voyage
• Complimentary Wine, beer, juice, and soft drinks served with lunch and dinner while on board
• Flight from Punta Arenas to Frei Station on King George Island and/or vice versa as indicated in the program corresponding to each voyage
• Group transfers airport – hotel on the Day of the Scheduled Return Flight from Antarctica
• Group transfers hotel – airport on last Day of the itinerary
• All Zodiac excursions
• On board lectures
• Evening entertainment
• Comprehensive Pre-departure materials
• Rubber boots to borrow for the voyage
• 1 overnight with breakfast in Punta Arenas at the Cabo de Hornos Hotel or similar on the Day of the Scheduled Return Flight from Antarctica
• International airfares
• Pre and post voyage accommodation unless specified in the itinerary
• Travel insurance including mandatory Medical Evacuation insurance
• Beverages not listed in inclusions
• Meals when not on board the ship unless specified in the itinerary
• Transfers not listed in the itinerary
• Passport and visa costs if applicable
• Personal expenses including any medical expenses incurred on board
• Optional excursions (eg kayaking where available)
• Gratuities (recommended USD$15.00 per passenger per day)
Images Courtesy of Wild Earth Travel