Don’t just dream of a white Christmas – experience it in Antarctica
Christmas getaways simply don’t get better than this. Journey to Antarctica on an 11-day expedition and experience the magic of the festive season among ice-capped mountain ranges, iconic wildlife and immense icebergs and glaciers. Set foot on the Antarctic Peninsula, spot seals resting on ice floes and witness seabirds nesting in landscapes that must be seen to be believed. Visit penguin rookeries, spot minke and humpback whales while enjoying regular Zodiac excursions for up-close wildlife encounters. Our expert team will ensure that the spirit on board the Ocean Endeavour is festive and fun, delivering an unforgettable experience and making this a Christmas adventure to remember.
Why you’ll love this trip
- Experience a guaranteed white Christmas as you explore the icy wilderness of the White Continent.
- The festive season is a wonderful time for wildlife lovers to visit Antarctica, as penguin chicks are hatching and abundant on the peninsula and South Shetland Islands.
- With over 22 hours of sunlight each day, you’ll have more time for exploration.
- Enjoy daily zodiac excursions, on-shore landings and take advantage of optional activities during the voyage such as sea kayaking, ice camping and snowshoeing.
- Benefit from a variety of on-board activities including educational lectures on history, geology and ecology by the expedition team.
- When you’re not exploring, avail of amenities onboard including expedition lounge, restaurant, bar, pool, jacuzzi, library, gym, sun deck, spa facilities and sauna.
Day 1: Ushuaia, Argentina
Day 2: Embarkation in Ushuaia
Days 3-4: At Sea, Drake Passage
Days 5-8: Antarctic Peninsula & Christmas day
If you’ve been dreaming of a white Christmas, this is as white as it gets! Enjoy the festive spirit on board the Ocean Endeavour, where your presents come in the form of yet more landings and wildlife sightings throughout the day. These wildlife encounters are likely to include Weddell, crabeater and leopard seals, gentoo, Adelie and chinstrap penguins.
An average day on board begins with a wake-up call from your expedition leader around 7am, giving you time to prepare for the day before joining your fellow expeditioners for breakfast in the Polaris restaurant. You will usually have two excursions per day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, with a delicious lunch served on the Ocean Endeavour in between excursions.
Days 9-10: At Sea, Drake Passage
Day 11: Disembarkation in Ushuaia, Argentina
The Ocean Endeavour is a comfortable and spacious ship with a gym, library and wide range of cabin types.
INT – GQMAC
Images courtesy of Intrepid Group