10 Nights | Departs & Returns to Hobart |
27 Jan 2023 & 6 Feb 2023
Coral Expeditions’ Tasmania cruises explore Australia’s island state poised at the edge of the world where the Southern, Indian and Pacific Oceans collide. Tasmania’s pristine World Heritage wilderness and national parks teem with native wildlife, where rugged mountain ranges meet the sea with soaring coastal cliffs and crescent-shaped beaches carved by the elements.
Amidst this pristine, natural backdrop, Tasmania’s intriguing colonial history is underpinned by a compelling convict heritage and historic sites. Follow in the pioneering footsteps of intrepid colonial explorers to far-flung reaches of the island where tales of maritime adventures abound, preserved streetscapes are virtual living museums and world-class artists find inspiration at every turn.
Shaped by a climate straddling the Roaring Forties latitudes, the Apple Isle’s verdant valleys and rolling hills are clad in fertile pastures, vineyards and orchards bathed in crisp clean air and warm summer sunshine. Emerging from centuries-old cellar doors and farm gates are award-winning cheeses, premium wines, craft beers and artisanal spirits inspired by Tasmania’s ample natural assets.
Cruise to the edge of the world on a Tasmanian expedition cruise that teams wombats with wine, beaches with brie and convict ruins with craft beer in a palate-pleasing adventure cruise into Tasmania’s wild heart.
Hiking Themed Departures “Coastal Treks” – These hike themed expeditions combine an expedition voyage with hikes on some of Tasmania’s best coastal tracks. Guests will enjoy a variety of shore excursions, and less strenuous walks will be available at each destination. Departing 08 March 2021 & 17 January 2022.
Spend two full days exploring wilderness areas of Port Davey and Bathurst Harbour
Hike to Wineglass Bay and The Hazards in Freycinet National Park
Learn about Maria Island’s history as a penal colony
Visit Port Arthur, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
Admire dramatic 300m tall coastal cliffs of the Tasman Peninsula
Taste Tasmania’s fresh farm-gate produce and world-class cool-climate wines at an onboard event
Spot fur seals, wombats and wallabies in Tasmania’s national parks
Visit the Wooden Boat Centre and learn about Tasmania’s proud maritime heritage
Images Courtesy of Coral Expeditions2021
Prices from AUD$7,420 pp
Prices are per person, listed in Australian Dollars (AUD) and include GST. *Limited sole use occupancy available.
• Voyage on board in selected cabin category
• Expert expedition leader and team
• All meals while on board
• Coffee and Tea while on board
• All daily guided excursions
• Selected wine and beer with lunch and dinner
• Port charges/taxes
• Daily guided excursions on the Xplorer and Zodiac tender vessels, and kayaks where conditions allow
• Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Events, and Open Bridge Access with the Captain
• Comprehensive and fully guided sightseeing in each destination
• All entrance fees to National Parks and Ports
• International and domestic flights unless otherwise stated
• Travel Insurance
• Passport and visa costs where applicable
• Alcoholic drinks outside of those stated in inclusions
• Transfers unless otherwise stated
• Internet on board (Available at cost)
• Any items of a personal nature
• Tipping not required