This adventure by land, river and train will touch all of your senses.
Start your journey onboard the luxurious riverboat, the Ganges Voyager II. Travel to villages lining the Ganges River that only a few people get to see each year and experience our Wellness Program, centered around the destination’s ancient tradition and practice of yoga. From the awe-inspiring Hindu temple complexes of Kalna to the colorful flower markets of Kolkata, your Ganges voyage delves deeply into the myriad charms of India’s culture.
Then your travels continue onshore to explore India’s star cities by the Maharajas’ Express. This glamorous train will take you to Agra for the Taj Mahal, the Pink City of Jaipur and the Blue City of Jodhpur, the romantic “Venice of the East” and Mumbai, home to India’s famous Bollywood film industry. All this and more await on a once-in-a-lifetime voyage through India.
DAY 1 KOLKATA (EMBARK)
DAY 2 KALNA
DAY 3 MATIARI
DAY 4 MURSHIDABAD, BARANAGAR
DAY 5 CRUISING THE GANGES, KHUSBAGH
DAY 6 MAYAPUR, CHANDANNAGAR
DAY 7 KOLKATA
DAY 8 KOLKATA (DISEMBARK), FLY TO NEW DELHI
DAY 9 NEW DELHI (EMBARK), AGRA
DAY 10 AGRA, RANTHAMBORE
DAY 11 JAIPUR
DAY 12 BIKANER
DAY 13 JODHPUR
DAY 14 UDAIPUR
DAY 15 MUMBAI (DISEMBARK)
DAY 16 MUMBAI
Note: The itineraries presented are subject to modification due to water levels, closures because of public holidays or other uncontrollable factors. Every effort will be made to operate programs as planned, but changes may still be necessary throughout the cruise. This day-to-day schedule is subject to change. Your final day-to-day schedule will be provided onboard on the first day of your cruise.
- All meals onboard cruise and train prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- 15 breakfasts, 14 lunches, 15 dinners
- Welcome and Farewell Gala Dinners
- Complimentary house wine, local spirits and beer, soft drinks, tea and coffee will be served onboard the ship and train. Onshore lunches include complimentary coffee and tea. Onshore dinners include complimentary house wine, local beer, soft drinks, coffee, and tea.
- 13 days of excursions, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- 7-night cruise on the elegant Ganges Voyager II
- Lavishly appointed riverview suites with private French balconies
- 6 nights onboard the luxury train, The Maharajas’ Express
- 1 night in New Delhi at The Oberoi New Delhi (or similar)
- 1 night in Mumbai at The Oberoi Mumbai (or similar)
- 1 country: India
- 3 UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Tour Manager during the cruise portion of your journey
- Complimentary Wellness Program on every sailing
- Cultural enrichment activities onboard
- Group Transfers are included on arrival and departure days (please see terms and conditions for transfer guidelines)
- Flight included between Kolkata and New Delhi
- Gratuities for onboard personnel (ship staff, crew, Cruise/Tour Manager) are included during the cruise/tour
Images Courtesy of Uniworld Boutique River Cruises