- A full week of expedition cruising in the Galapagos archipelago, with two landing sites visited every day, focusing on the north and south.
- Guided nature walks, snorkelling excursions, Zodiac rides and use of kayaks to discover the best of each landing site
- Sail on the MV Evolution, featuring the most public space and largest cabins of any yacht in its class
- Visit the highlands of Santa Cruz to see giant tortoises in their natural habitat
- Enjoy the best guest-to-guide ratio (10:1) in the archipelago, with all guides Level III certified
- Learn about conservation efforts affecting the Galapagos National Park at the Charles Darwin Research Station
Fantastic accommodation awaits you on this Premium Adventure.
Oro Verde Guayaquil
- Enjoy a stay at the premium five-star Oro Verde in Guayaquil
- Relax in your spacious room with contemporary, fresh design and modern bathrooms with rain showers
- In the heart of Guayaquil, this premium accommodation is the perfect base for exploring local attractions
- Unwind in the outdoor pool, Jacuzzi and bar and sample local cuisine at one of the four restaurants
- Our highlight accommodation and base for the week we are in the Galapagos is the classically styled MV Evolution
- This yacht was built to allow guests to experience the islands in comfort
- The interior is fully air-conditioned and offers cabins of four categories on three decks
- All cabins have ample storage space, a writing desk, bedside tables and private facilities. The cabins are the largest on average in the Galapagos and act as the perfect haven to rest between your excursions
- The Evolution has more outside space than any other yacht in its class with 360-degree exterior walkarounds
While the Evolution may carry a group of just 32 guests, it is generous in size with a host of amenities. From relaxing on the sundeck to reading in the lounge, you’re sure to relish the ambience. Enjoy briefings by naturalist guides in the comfortable lounge or spend time with a snack and your fellow passengers at the canopied bar – a superb place for watching the sun set over the Pacific. After excursions, relax in the hot tub or find a comfortable deckchair to soak in the views.
Because there is an ‘open bridge’ policy aboard the Evolution, you are welcome to visit the captain and crew and learn all about the operation and navigation of the ship. A convenient boarding platform makes it easy and safe to board our excursion boats.
All cabins feature private bathrooms with hair dryers and toiletries, climate controls, a writing desk and safe boxes, plus ample storage space. During every excursion, stewards will service your cabin. There are four cabin categories.
- One night Premium accommodation in Guayaquil and seven nights on board the Premium yacht MV Evolution
- Starts in San Cristobal and ends in Baltra
- Islands visited: San Cristóbal, South Plaza, Sombrero Chino, Santiago, Genovesa, North Seymour, Santa Fe, Floreana and Santa Cruz
- Group normally 26-32 passengers plus crew.
- Countries visited: Ecuador
- Eight breakfasts, seven lunches and seven dinners
- One night at the Premium Oro Verde hotel in Guayaquil and seven nights’ Premium accommodation on the MV Evolution
- Arrival transfers in Guayaquil (to/from Hotel Oro Verde)
- Internal flights from Guayaquil to the Galapagos
- Daily shore excursions, interpretive walks, swimming, snorkelling, hiking and panga rides
- Snorkelling gear and wetsuits
- Use of kayaks during the expedition cruise
- Full educational programme, including lectures on history, ecology, marine life and field interpretation
- Tips to the Evolution crew (only the cost of tipping the naturalist guide will be extra)
- Named tour leaders who meet Level III certification in the Galapagos National Park, all chosen for their extensive experience and great customer feedback
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Single accommodation (available on request)
- Visas or vaccinations
- Compulsory Galapagos taxes US$120, paid locally
- Tipping for the naturalist guide
EXT – GPVA
Images courtesy of Exodus Travel