Alaska is truly the last great wilderness. It is vast, has very few roads and just about everyone has their own floatplane! The key highlights for Kiwis are:
- Cruise the Inside Passage – truly spectacular scenery with huge glaciers, still fjords, steep waterfalls and outstanding marine life and if you are lucky some bears. Include a visit to some of the historic towns of Skagway, Juneau, Petersburg, Sitka and Ketchikan.
- Denali National Park – seeing awe inspiring Mt McKinley is your goal on this trip and the wildlife and scenery along the way is a huge bonus.
- Salmon Fishing – yes it is as amazing as you have heard! Plan ahead as you need to time it right.
- Bear Viewing – it is like being on safari in Africa!
- Wilderness Lodges – the perfect base for fishing, hiking and wildlife viewing.
Remember – Alaska requires a US Esta E-Visa.