Current offers on this cruise:
Early Bird Sale: $ 300 Onboard credit
Celebrate our 130th year anniversary that little bit more with $300 onboard credit per person, aboard our Svalbard Express in 2023.
Embark on a nostalgic summertime voyage along the Norwegian coast up to the Svalbard archipelago at the edge of the world.
Contact us for full details
Experience pristine Arctic wilderness that’s scarcely changed since we first sailed this summer voyage to Svalbard in 1968. Enjoy the return of an icon from over 50 years ago.
- Embark on a sumptuous, nostalgic voyage along the Norwegian coast up to the edge of the world to the Svalbard archipelago in the High Arctic and back
- Enjoy life aboard exceptionally designed MS Trollfjord, freshly refurbished in 2023 with the finest materials and ship craftsmanship
- Visit a variety of charming coastal communities on mainland Norway and on Svalbard and take your pick from authentic, locally run optional excursions
- Experience variations of summer the length of Norway, basking in 24 hours of daylight from the glorious Midnight Sun at the height of the season
The Svalbard Express is a nostalgic voyage back to the northernmost reaches of the world, bathed in the ever-changing light of Norway’s summer sun.
The return of The Svalbard Express showcases the best of then and now. Our ground-breaking spirit. Remote hamlets splashed with red rorbuer. Historic ports. Rarely visited islands. Pristine Arctic wilderness prowled by polar bears and sea eagles.
This is our historic voyage from 1968, sailing to the edge of the world, revived for the modern traveller. You’ll journey in comfort aboard beautiful MS Trollfjord, sailing along the scenic Norwegian coast north to Spitsbergen, the largest of Svalbard’s islands.
- Day 1Bergen
- Day 2Bergen
- Day 3Åndalsnes
- Day 4 Træna
- Day 5Stokmarknes
- Day 6Tromsø
- Day 7Honningsvåg
- Day 8At sea around Bjørnøya
- Day 9Longyearbyen
- Day 10Ny-Ålesund
- Day 11At sea
- Day 12Tromsø and Senja
- Day 13Svolvær
- Day 14Brønnøysund
- Day 15Ålesund and Urke
- Day 16Bergen
Included in your voyage
Our two iconic voyages, The Svalbard Express and The North Cape Express, can be experienced on one of two fare-types: Select or Suite, read more about the two fare types here.
Regardless of the fare you choose, you will be able to enjoy the following benefits:
Arriving in Norway
- One night in 4-star hotel in Bergen including breakfast
- Transfers in Bergen (airport – hotel, hotel – ship, ship – airport)
Cabin on ship
- Choice of cabin number on MS Trollfjord
- Norway’s Coastal Kitchen welcome basket
Food and drink on board
- Full board with all-day dining
- Drinks package (wine, beer, soft drinks) 1
- Complimentary water, tea, and coffee
- Afternoon tea and cakes
Life on board
- Complimentary Wi-Fi 2
- English-speaking Coastal Experience team
- Visit to the bridge 3
- Only valid in the onboard restaurants during mealtimes
- Guests on the Select fare will need to register on our free 1893 Ambassador loyalty programme to access the Wi-Fi
- At the discretion of the Captain and subject to safety restrictions
Images Courtesy of Hurtigruten Norwegian Coastal Express